The challenge: To create a focused approach to marketing and selling the firm’s company commercial team. To win more, higher value instructions and to become a key player in the local market.
Our approach:Firstly, we held one to one meetings with the practice group head to understand the current situations and challenges in depth. We designed a programme stretching over three months with the following interventions:
- Phase 1: A workshop attended by the partners in the team agreeing the markets and sectors to focus on. Using tools and a planning template we were able to clearly state what the objectives and actions were
- Phase 2: Research into the chosen markets and sectors to identify who their existing clients were, which of those could be considered ‘key clients’ and which organisations represented the ideal clients of the future
- Phase 3: A presentation articulating the business development plan – what their client base of the future looked like and the road map to get there including business development actions for every member of the team
- Phase 4: A workshop developing the commercial skills of all the lawyers involved in selling the firm’s services
- Phase 5: Follow up coaching with individuals addressing their own business development challenges
Results: The team now has a coordinated and consistent approach to marketing and selling. They are now very clear about what marketing activity they should be doing and confident that what they are doing is taking them in the right direction. There are more people now being proactive in finding opportunities with both new and existing clients which has led to an increase in instructions.Global engineering consultancy.
Call us: 07789 866622 | Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org