Building Strong Relationships
- Relationships in business development are very important and should be nurtured over long periods of time. Many of their clients didn’t predict that they would need work with The Technology Partnership again. Because those connections it made the choice of who to go with easy.
- It’s the people who are trying to solve the problems within organisations who are the ones who will come to us to help them solve it. No matter which business they’re working for.
- You shouldn’t assume you know what is best for a client at a particular time. Firstly, you need to really listen to their needs and understand the nature of the problem in front of you. To do that you need to recruit great communicators who can make sure you’re on the same page.
- Hard technical things are very rarely a solo endeavour. Therefore they require lots of people from different backgrounds to work together.
- “Cambridge is a low-risk place to do risky things”
- “At the end of the day it’s got to hinge on commercial viability”
- “That curiosity is an aspect of being a great business developer”
ABOUT THE HOST
Gary Williams has been in sales and marketing his entire career. The past 10 years have been dedicated to helping technically minded non-salespeople become skilled and confident in selling themselves and their services.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Cell and gene therapies have shown the ability to cure some of the most terrible diseases. I am passionate about finding ways to get these treatments to more patients and revolutionizing how we manufacture them.
For over 15 years, I have been fortunate to work with some of the world’s most innovative companies to help bring new life science products to market. The last 7 years I have dedicated to cell and gene therapy manufacturing. Spanning from commercial strategy through technology development and onto production.
I have worked with clients to develop new technologies. I have enjoyed the challenges of finding technical solutions and undertaking risk analysis. This includes performing due diligence, creating new IP and meeting with regulators.
The Technology Partnership is an independent technology company where scientists and engineers collaborate to invent, design and develop new products and technologies.
How to Cross-Sell without Selling!
After an extraordinary 2020, most economic forecasts are predicting a tough year in 2021...
Storytelling connects people and builds trust in business, which means the best way to...