Business Development Planning
According to research, your reputation – and that of your organisation – is the most important factor for clients when choosing who to consider for projects.
Most of our clients are time poor and often struggle to find the time to dedicate to growing their business. Exploring the fundamentals of Business Development Planning aims to give technical professionals the understanding and skills to scope out, plan and execute their strategic sales activity much more effectively.
This course focuses on creating successful business development plans and you will learn how to get to the table of target clients and take control of your business development activity.
Who’s it for?
This professional development is highly valuable to anyone who has face-to-face time with clients and those who have a remit to explore opportunities and find work from both new and existing clients.
It would also be a useful reminder for those with more experience who may not have had any formal training – or at least not for a long time!
Half-day (or full day) aimed at an ideal group size of 12.
- Learn how to maximise the time and the resources you have to dedicate to business development
- Understand the principles clients use to select chosen providers and develop a set of tools to help explore the client’s world
- Ultimately you will develop increased confidence and will learn to apply tried and tested strategies and tactics to help you unlock more opportunities and win more – and better – work.
“This course really simplifies the whole approach to business development, I am now very clear what I need to do.”
- Planning business development activity – The Questas Growth Model ©
- Learning how clients buy
- Developing a deep understanding of client needs
- Preparing for and structuring business development discussions
- Differentiating your offer – elevate your business’s reputation
- Introduction to client management
Optimise your selling Opportunity
Creating a possitive impact at that first client meeting.
Increase your bid-win rate
One of the most important business skills you can acquire is learning how to write a winning bid. The layout, language and style you use may make the difference between a successful bid and one that comes close. Bid less and win more work with our Bids and Tender Training here.
Become a natural sales person
Our Sales Conversations For Non-Sales People training course is the natural next step for engineering and technically minded professionals who are engaged in consultative selling and closing deals. In this training learners will hone their sales skills to boost their closing ratios and improve existing performance.