Presentation and Pitching Skills
Presenting, especially a pitch, can be a very pressured situation and it is normal to feel anxious. Learning visualisation skills to cope with ‘what if’ scenarios leaves headspace to generate a successful outcome.
The focus of this professional development is learning practical skills to deliver excellent presentations and pitches.We look at preparation, both in terms of structure and approach to a pitch, and the practice and visualisation activities to mentally prepare for it.
In this course we challenge our participants at times to operate outside of their comfort zones. This allows us to provide the strategies and tools to alleviate the symptoms of anxiety that so many of us come up against when we are asked to speak publicly.
Who’s it for?
This course is for anyone with a remit to present internally and/or externally. Clients are encouraged to bring along real life scenarios to work through.
Face to face: a highly practical one-day workshop. Participants will present to a group at least twice in the day and be filmed.
Live Virtual Classroom: A 2-hour workshop. Using the medium we develop online presentation skills. This will include how to prepare and set up the environment, how to create impact, engage the audience and make it memorable!
- Present with greater confidence and professionalism.
- Learn to plan and structure presentations.
- Be clear when pitching, ensuring emphasis on key messages.
- Keep an audience engaged.
- Who is your audience, what are their expectations?
- How to engage your audience
- Making it memorable – key messages, unique elements, clear calls to action
- Presentation format and structure
- Speaking with confidence, controlling your nerves
- Body language, gestures, vocal tone and pitch
“It was great to see everyone engaged all the way through and I noted the calibration to our needs during the day.”
“Great day! Really fun and innovative way to beat the fear of presenting to an audience.”
Tim Howlings, Brasier Freeth
From our blog
Four easy ways to manage nerves before a presentation
Trainer, Annabel Miller, looks into why we get nervous and how we can manage nerves so that it doesn’t hinder our performance.