Emotional Intelligence is the Key to Selling
KEY TAKEAWAYS: Emotional Intelligence is the Key to Selling
- Alison runs a suite of different programmes to help businesses and employees with emotional intelligence. After assessing clients and employees they then offer coaching, both one-on-one and in group settings and training.
- The clients Gary works with generally have a skill-based profession and mindset. As they have progressed in their careers they have then had to try and learn how to sell to work with clients. This can often be overwhelming and scary. Alison believes having the confidence to make intelligent emotional decisions can help with this.
- Somebody who is good at selling is usually just someone who is good at listening. It doesn’t matter your background or skills, because if you can listen and build relationships, you can sell.
- Listening is a skill that can be learnt. It can be improved and perfected. There are varying ways to do this. Alison’s favourite way is to recognise and own our own distractions. One way to do this is to try and to maintain eye contact when the other person is speaking.
- Having an awareness of self is the first building block to emotional intelligence and growth.
- There is a common myth that to be a good salesperson you need to be an extrovert. But this is simply not the case. Often introverts have a high level of authenticity and emotional intelligence. These are great skills for selling.
- “When we understand that our emotions drive our decisions and in our performance we can reverse engineer them. So we can then really start to appreciate how important emotions are in any decision-making process“
- “Asking a good question demonstrates your level of credibility“
- “Trust builds from vulnerability“
ABOUT THE HOST
Gary Williams has been in sales and marketing his entire career. The past 10 years have been dedicated to helping technically minded non-salespeople become skilled and confident in selling themselves and their services.
ABOUT THE GUEST
How to Cross-Sell without Selling!
After an extraordinary 2020, most economic forecasts are predicting a tough year in 2021...
Storytelling connects people and builds trust in business, which means the best way to...