Cross selling in the world of Professional Services?
Cross selling in the world of Professional Services is the Holy Grail. Organisations think it’s easy, but in this episode of Work Winning Ways, you’ll find out why it’s very difficult. Join Gary Williams as he discusses why cross selling is important, how it’s done, and what are the obstacles to overcome.
- In so many jobs you need to be able to encourage, motivate, and persuade clients to work with you and influence others to do so. Word of mouth is one of the best tools at your disposal.
- 80% of your clients buy 20% of the products you sell.
- It’s 6 times cheaper to sell to existing clients then try to find new ones.
- Don’t push a hard sell for products and services your client or prospective client doesn’t need. It will essentially just annoy them at the end of the day.
- Start with ‘why’. Why does your client want your service in the first place. It has to help them with an objective or goal, if there is no strong ‘why’ then the client is unlikely to buy multiple products from you.
- You have to show added value to convince the client to put more eggs in your basket. Why should they choose you over other service providers?
- Being a trusted advisor means that you have the competence, but this is just one aspect. The other aspects are knowing how your client likes to work, you also need knowledge of their world, and finally having a genuine interest in them, their objectives and challenges.
‘Bad cross selling is the kind that makes our clients cross’
‘How is about being proactive and curious’
‘You need to build a bank of good deeds for it to be reciprocated’
ABOUT THE HOST
Gary Williams has been in sales and marketing his entire career. The past 10 years have been dedicated to helping technically minded non-salespeople become skilled and confident in selling themselves and their services.
Listen to the podcast now on Apple Podcasts and Spotify or your favourite podcast platform.